Monday 18 February 2008

Valentine's Day with an Un-romantic Boyfriend

For V-day 2007, I brought my girlfriend to Putrajaya.

Roses were absent. Gifts exchanging never cross my mind.
There were no candle light fine dining in the cruise around Tasik Putrajaya, neither had we a romantic stroll along the lake.

We had McDonald's Prosperity Meal instead, and a car trip along the main boulevard of Putrajaya.
We got lost getting there and got lost coming back to KL.
I brought her there just because she has not been there before.


It was a great trip with lots of expectations to Putrajaya,
and a trip back to KL with a tired, annoyed and disappointed girlfriend on the passenger seat.
How memorable.

This year, again, we're not heading to any nice and classy restaurant.
Roses were absent.
Gifts exchanging never cross my mind.
I decided to drive my girlfriend 50KM outskirt of KL,roam pass 3 tolls,
towards the small Town of Jenjarom, just next to Banting.

We're there for the display of lights and lanterns in the famed FGS Dong Zen Temple佛光山东禅寺.


It's a yearly event, but this year it is bigger and better and brighter! (might not be true, it's my first time there as well)
Anyway, there's lots of lanterns and exhibition items on display.
Without a second thought, I pulled out my camera and started shooting pictures.

Statues of Kuan Yin
Red red lanterns
Lanterns are cool
Lotus river?
It's not real......

Cute little monk

Brightly lit temple compound
Giant Lantern

After some good full 30 minutes of photography session, I realised I forgotten something.
My girlfriend. Oh sheeeeeeeeet!!!!
Please imagine the physical abuse I received later that night.

Anyway, it was a great trip with high expectations to Jenjarom,
and a trip back to KL with a bored, annoyed and grumpy girlfriend plus some nice photos in my camera.
How memorable.

Couldn't wait for Valentine's day 2009.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

lol I can somehow relate to your gf on this one! :P

Anonymous said...

lol

at least the pictures are really nice..

LV said...

nice pics!!!!
i wanna go there someday!

SONblogger said...

It only have such decorations during CNY or some big chinese festivals.....so....do check with their website before going....

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine you still have the gutts to blog this out! Ohh.. Poor Mee Syn! Astronauts are wrong about "Pieces" being romantic... Oh!

Anonymous said...

Astrologers lo! >_<

Anonymous said...

hahaha~~i know how it's like, coz my stupid bf tried that b4 and kena hantam by me.

but nice pic anyway...taking nice pics gotta pay some "price" ar^^

Anonymous said...

Tiredness is definately..especially after whole day work and had NOT taken your dinner. Yet, you still need to walk around such a wide area. Who was being physically tortured?! hmm.. Only the statues there know..

Come on, my dear! I treated you so nice. At least I fed you with chips while you were driving in your car when you said you were very hungry. And, I gave you to finish most of the dinner dishes ler.. (that's how i treat a guy who is on diet..) haha.. >:)