Friday 1 February 2008

Crisis in Jakarta

Woke up this morning, to my horror, it's raining.
And it's raining heavily.
Worse still, I remembered it started raining since last night!

In KL, you might expect something like a flash flood in a few major roads.
It's bad.
That is KL, you might say.

In Jakarta, things are a little different.
You get nothing less than a city-wide flood.
It's freaking-horribly-crazy bad!
That is Jakarta, the locals nod in approval.

A quick check on my apartment's balcony, and saw the road in front became a canal.

Turned on the TV, and virtually every TV station is reporting about flood throughout Jakarta.

Best still, they kept on repeating the footage of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's car being stuck in a traffic jam.
Its amuzing to see the poor fella switching cars(from S-Class to some SUV) in slippers in the middle of the road.

Anyway, the main point is, I got a plane to catch tomorrow.

I need to go back to KL and then Ipoh to celebrate "Imlek" (CNY as referred by the Indonesians).

And the airport is closed!!!!!

I don't want to celebrate Imlek....I want to celebrate Chinese New Year!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, despite the horrible flood and traffic jam, I managed to get to Soekarno-Hatta Airport and return to Kuala Lumpur at the same day.

Gladfully......I hope not to return to Jakarta again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I m so sorry you are affected..
worst come to worst, Imlek in jakarta isnt that bad (discounting the jam and flood la)

Xweing said...

Hahah... din know you read my blog. :P

How's life over there when you're not stuck in floods?

Happy Chinese New Year!!! Gong Hei Fatt Choy!