Wednesday 14 May 2008

Batu Caves

I got to admit, I've not been to Batu Caves, until last week.
If its not because my colleague Dr.Stefano from Italy insisted, I won't be there.

That's how an Italian PHD holder in Transmission Network looks like when he drinks from a coconut.

The entrance to Batu Caves is impressive, with the world's tallest statue of Lord Murugan blinding our eyes with its shiny gold paint.


The smart Italiano challenged me to run up the stairs.......not knowing there's a couple of hundred of it............


Ok, its just 272 steps in exact. But it did made us sweat a whole lot!


Why did they ever tried to number the steps?

Looking back from inside the cave


There's not a great deal inside the cave, just a couple of shrines and some monkeys wandering around. Not too interesting.

I did manage to capture this funny picture of my colleague though......haha
This is how he got his PhD....determination and dedication

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went there during your "overseas" assignment at KL? Haha

SONblogger said...

Yaloh....how nice is it to be sent overseas back to home country....haha!