Thursday 15 November 2007

The Toad in Jakarta!

3 Days.
That's all it takes for me to feel guilty.
Guilty for not expecting anything in Jakarta.
And I am so wrong that I felt like a toad under the well.

I did not expect to find some of the most tastiest, dynamic, exciting and surprising food in Jakarta!
First up, there's this Nasi Goreng Komplit.
Its complete with all sorts, shrimps, beef, mutton, chicken, eggs,crackers, sausages, and vege.
Ok, it's not fantastic, but the name is funky enough to worth a mention.

Great drink, never expected this combination!

Es Kelapa Jeruk ! Coconut meat with orange juice?

Why didn't anyone back in Malaysia do this?


One of the king of Indonesian food -- Soto Betawi.

Coconut soup with beef. But that is just too short a description for it.

Too delicious.

My personal favourite and I just can't find words to describe it!

Buy a plane ticket to Jakarta to try it, and you'll know what I mean. It's worth it!

Just when I thought I've seen enough, I stumbled upon this!
What the.....Kopi Krim Soda?

Am I still in planet earth?

Ok, maybe I think so since I'm a toad.

What do normal human beings like u think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAH! Now you know our Indo food KICK ASS anytime :D ! huorhuorhuor! I am so proud

Oh! sorry, I get abit too smug :p

miss home...miss home...miss food...miss food...real food

SONblogger said...

You are the one who makes me think that Indonesian food is horrible.....through ur horrible cooking last time..hahaha

When do u wan to be in Indo +Msia?

Unknown said...

Indonesian food is much better than our mamak stall's I would say.

But some are quite pricy and the name sounds funny :)

Have you explore their chinatown (Glodok)?

SONblogger said...

no woh...wat's interesting there? I don't fancy visiting Chinatowns around the world.....

Indon food kick ass...haha..did u try their cendol? got nangka inside and the cendol is greennnnnnn!

KwongHong said...

food explorer in Jakarta !! haha